Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 20 - And sometimes you have to let yourself fall

I had wanted to post about this really interesting blog-post by judgmental observer that Lauren had posted on Facebook today, but I find that I have no energy.
I am in the middle of moving flat at the moment, and tonight find myself with little energy, so I shall put off a more serious post until I am back to 'normal'!
In the meantime, I thought I would say something very quickly about the importance of allowing yourself to chill out from time to time. Obviously, it connects to what judgemental observer has to say in terms of stopping from time to time.

If you don't stop when your body and/or mind tell you to stop, you're going to make yourself ill.
If you're ill, you won't be able to do your job anyway.
As a friend told me, when I was agonising about what might happen if I didn't sort out a problem that had arisen at work (at 9pm at night), 'you're not exactly the President of the United States' (and I'm pretty sure he takes a sick day here and there).

So sometimes you have to let yourself fall.
It's better to fall when you choose, rather than leaving it until you have no choice.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home